Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A lovely remake, Inspired by Spirituality



Ask me what's the best thing that I like in watching movies..and, to all honesty; it's those clippings which some films (definitely not all) shows towards the end - the behind the scenes.
.
The stars in their normal selves, how they just crack up and get giggling while trying to deliver a very serious dialogue.....Jackie Chan knocking himselves on the pier of the bridge and falling straight into the water during that mad boat chase. You get what I mean ? I have lost count of the number of times I have watched the making of the movie "The Titanic" in youtube. The very minute thoughts that has gone behind. Even the logo on the cutleries were custom made...how cool !
.
Here, listening to this musical video, just can't help myself from wondering...what at the very first place, would have inspired it's makers to comeup with something so elegant. I've got no clue what she is singing, but from a mere listener's point of view, one thing is clear - It is very much, inspired by spirituality.


.
The most powerful of all buddhist chants "Om-Ma-Ne-Pad-Me-Hum" has been given a very elegant makeover. The tempo has been changed, the slow husky male voices have been replaced by this beautiful angelic voice.
.
The prayerfulness is so very much evident, which if you watch, will see....how respectfully she stands with folded hands, while chanting the six syllables of this magic chant.
.
The only slight disappointment that I had was that I really expected the chants to repeat once again towards the end as a closing note, but it didn’t. The music just fades off as such. Anyways..this is just my review…and truly recommend that my friends do listen to it too. A beautiful redo.
.
And...what does Sona has got to do with Buddhism ? What does this powerful chant symbolize ?
I have written that here...
.
cheers...
enjoy the song !

1 comment: